Serves 6 Ingredients
1 cup full-fat coconut milk
Black pepper, freshly-ground
4 cups bone broth or chicken stock
¼ cup peeled apple, diced
1½ pounds broccoli, chopped
1 tablespoon Indian curry powder
2 medium shallots,
chopped 3 medium leeks,
chopped 2 tablespoons olive oil, coconut oil or ghee
Leftover Kalua Pork, crisped in a pan
1. Prepare and chop the broccoli, leeks or onions. Press the sauté button on Instant Pot, add fat and then cook the shallots, leeks, curry powder and salt.
2. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the curry is fragrant. Now stir in chopped broccoli and apple.
3. Follow with broth and ensure the Instant Pot isn’t more than 2/3rd full. Cook the mixture (use manual function to set the cook time) for 5 minutes.
4. Then turn off the cooker and quick release the pressure. Now open the lid and transfer the ingredients into a blender. Puree to produce a green aromatic soup.
5. Add in coconut milk and season with salt and some pepper. Continue to blend as desired.
6. You can add crisped-up meat such as Kalua pork and garnish with chives. Save up to 4 days and freeze for a few months.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 125 Calories, Fat 10g, Carbs 18g, Protein 4.0g
Hoffman, Virginia. Keto Cookbook: 2 Manuscripts in 1 Book – Keto Crockpot Cookbook – Ketogenic Instant Pot Cookbook (p. 378). Kindle Edition.